Some things I think....
I have to admit that I ripped of the things I think from a writer on SI.com named Peter King who has a weekly football column. so there's your props Pete. In any case, here are a few things I think this week:
1. Movies I have seen recently and would highly recommend to anyone...Hero, starring Jet Li; The Last King of Scotland (Wow is Forrest Whitaker good!); and Blood Diamond (now I know why Leonardo DiCaprio didn't get nominated for "the Departed). Amazingly enough, there wasn't one actor from Star Trek in any of these films...Despite how good the movies are...I feel strangely unfulfilled.
2. Movie I would recommend avoiding: Eragon. Lame ass movie. Thank God I didn't see any Trek alumn in this one too!
3. Vikings are starting really soon! Already in preseason...I can't wait to see how good they are...
4. Haven't decided whether I am going to do Fantasy football this year. Really don't want to spend the time and money necessary.
5. This weekend, I am going to the MN Renaissance festival! I love Renfest. The food, the acts, Puke and Snot...It's been about 5 years since my last visit. I am very excited.
6. Krissy's family finally came and got most of her stuff. Just some furniture left. Soon I will be back to my old bachelor self again... Any young ladies out there interested in a slightly overweight, football rabid, Star Trek geek with two soccer playing kids? If so, let me know.
7. Speaking of my kids...they have become absolute grasshopper lovers. They go run out in the yard and trap dozens of them and carry them around showing everyone the grasshoppers they caught. I HATE BUGS! They have been forbidden to bring them into my house. But Killian seems to be becoming a little amateur entomologist with a specialty in grasshoppers. Of course, I haven't checked his facts yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is right.
8. Liam, who officially starts Kindergarden this fall, has been in the school's Adventures Plus program at the school all summer (daycare out of the school). If you ask him if he is starting school this fall, he will tell you that he is already going to school! Love 5 year old logic.
9. I love my photography! Since I posted last, well before August 3rd's post, I have taken a class and gotten some pretty amazing pictures. In a few days, I will make an effort to post some of my favorites.
10. I hope that this isn't my last post until Christmas, but considering my recent history...